What is the Delta (and IPP) difference?
A radar company was searching for a solution for a radar application. They needed a series of phase matched cables. Since this is a critical part of the system, they demanded a 100% reliable product to perform 24/7!
Phase matched cable assembly
They needed a solution for a phase matched cable assembly of 8 different cables, with the following requirements:
- Phase matched within the set and phase matching at a certain Frequency (GHz). A maximum phase difference of ±2 degrees;
- Each cable must have a test report with phase and attenuation over the requested Frequency – GHz in detail;
- Both the cable and the test report need a matching but unique serial number;
- Cables must be packed by the set.
Simulations based on technical features
Delta engineers made a proposal based on:
- The customers requirements;
- Including a package of detailed customized drawings for the connectors and cables;
- They even provided simulations based on the technical features. This is the major benefit of having the complete process in-house.
After building the first prototypes, the customer did a FAI (First Article Inspection). All cables passed rigorous testing; we are now supplying an excellent customized product to a happy and satisfied customer.
Support your engineering projects
Within a good timeline, after working closely with the engineering team, we presented a solution that fulfilled all their requirements. So we demonstrated that we really can support the customers engineering projects.
Are you looking for a similar solution?