Precision Switching Products & Linear Position Sensors
Linear Position Sensors For Hydraulic Cylinders And Accumulators In Harsh Duty Environments
CPI engineers designed a complete line of hydraulic cylinder linear position sensors all designed for reliable, continuous operation in hydraulic systems, as well as harsh duty environments offering immunity to extreme temperatures, high vibration, salt water, salt spray, and submersion in sea water at extreme depths. These are environments where draw wire sensors have never been successfully deployed. In the case of hydraulic cylinder and accumulator position sensing applications, CPI linear position sensors represent a welcome alternative to long, rod-type sensors, particularly in accumulators and long stroke applications.
Since 1946, CPI has designed robust switching technology for the US Military, and thousands of commercial clients who require extended performance in severe environments. Key industries we service include:
- Military – The US government was one of our earliest clients and continues to use our product in applications where a US based supplier and a MIL Spec qualified, field proven design are key criteria.
- Aerospace – Both Military and commercial aerospace applications abound for our robust line of thermal switches, and waterproof electromechanical microswitches. Our patented thermal switch design offers fast switching up to 1750F for the most demanding applications.
- Non-automotive Vehicular – Our line of interlock switches and linear position sensors have found a home in the design of many construction and military vehicles. In particular our LVDT based Linear Position Sensor Technology is a game changer and allows simple field replacement of traditional rod-type sensors while extending both the lifetime and accuracy of the sensor.
- Mining and Drilling – In applications for in-ground drilling and platform monitoring, our thermal switches provide the perfect switching characteristics, in a tough, highly reliable package.
- Power and Energy – The Utility industry finds consistent use of our thermal switches and variations of our Waterproof Microswitches in robust monitoring and control applications. See our discussion of “Wind Turbine Temperature Control”.
The goal is the perfect design and application of our switching technology to your needs. While we have many “off the shelf” configurations, all of our mounting configurations and actuator specifications can be made for your special OEM requirements.
Linear Position Senors | Thermal Switches | Waterproof Limit Switches