New mobile sensor systems for the Danish Armed Forces
Observe different types of targets with a high resolution at long distances, in all weather conditions in daylight and darkness.
The Danish Ministry of Defence’s Materiel and Procurement Agency has signed a new agreement on the supply of mobile sensor systems to the Armed Forces. With this new agreement, Armed Forces will be technologically up-to-date with their observation and sensor equipment, which provides increased opportunities for accurate meter recognition at long distances. The system is platform-based and can be mounted on a vehicle, for example.
IPP supports this project with 3 types of tailored and sophisticated Laserdyne Displays .
The system itself, consists of a sensor that can observe and target targets over long distances both day and night in all kinds of weather via a camera.
Director Jeppe Müller states: “Precision Technic Defense A / S is pleased to have been awarded this contract and looks forward to the collaboration with the Danish Armed Forces, which with the contract will have state-of-the-art electro-optical sensor systems.
A few details:
- Brand new 12.1”-Multi-Function-Display-Type;
- Low-latency CVBS video input and two low-latency HD-SDI-Inputs;
- Full screen, PIP and PbP modes, mono/colour modes are supported;
- Embedded x86 processor module and an additional resistive touchscreen;
- Dedicated DVR control software but can also host customer-furnished application (or GVA) software;
- Can be upgraded through it’s working life with new processors, more RAM and a larger SSD;
- USB3 and USB2 inside the chassis to support any new and legacy accessories;
- 28 GVA-Compliant buttons and 5 extra buttons for backlight and power control;
- Designed to comply with MIL-STD-810G and MIL-STD-461F.
Soon this project will be integrated on the relevant platforms in the Armed Forces – e.g. frigates, vehicles and helicopters. In connection with the solution of the integration task, PTD and Teledyne FLIR will initiate a collaboration with Danish expert companies in the defense industry.
We can help you as well to find the right solutions for your need. Just contact us.
Follow us on