Covid Update – message from IPP’s Managing Director
The new Omicron variant is spreading rapidly and affecting businesses and supply chains around the world. This comes on top of the already existing disruptions as world supply chains started ramping up again in the last quarter of 2021.
It is impossible to predict where bottlenecks will next appear and how much of an impact they will have. It should be noted that at this moment our principal suppliers are struggling with between 25% and 60% Covid absenteeism. It is expected that most of such Covid absences will last maximum a week.
At IPP we are doing everything we can to minimize disruptions and stay ahead of the game:
• We have weekly calls with our supplier partners so we know what is affecting them, or what may affect them in future
• Based on forecasts or even anticipated orders, IPP and its partners are investing in components, materials and finished product to meet possible future needs
• We have expanded our warehouse in the Netherlands to cater for additional stock-holding
• We make and receive all shipments using Fedex Express
• In addition, our Covid-management team meets every month to review risks and try and mitigate them
As a team, we are fully committed to helping you – our customer – as we work our way through these difficult circumstances. If you have any supply chain issues you wish to discuss, you can contact our team and we are ready to see how we can help.
Follow us on